Another day in the office. Humans are routine-seeking creatures, and the daily cycle of office work is as much a regular routine as you are likely to find. Even if you love the work you do, so many aspects of office life are the same every day that the days begin to take on an eerie similarity and ultimately blend into one indistinguishable stretch with only the occasional bump or jolt to demarcate the passage of time. In some ways, a routine is good and can increase productivity: when you come in each day, you know what you need to do and how to do it, so little time is wasted on practical and procedural matters. Imagine if you had to relearn your job every day! It would be well after lunch before you ever did anything productive. However, when you work in one place for a long time, it is easy for the routine to become deadening. How can you maintain energy and creativity when every day seems like nothing but a continuation of the last?
Breaking the Routine – The very nature of office work makes staying motivated enough of a challenge, but there are other confounding factors that make office work seem almost Herculean. Ugly facilities and uncomfortable, impractical office furniture are like salt in the white-collar wound. Nothing is worse than having to wage unending warfare with a desk chair that continually slips down to a height appropriate only for one of Willy Wonka’s Oompa-Loopas. A cluttered, malfunctioning filing cabinet makes finding even the simplest documents seem like a quest of biblical proportions. Fortunately, there is a remedy to the common office travail of bad furniture: a quality online marketplace. At these sites, one can find a variety of routine-busting furniture, including renowned HON office furniture such as:
- Filing cabinets – These run from petite to huge, with any number of drawers. Don’t miss the signature HON lateral filing cabinets, perfect for wide loads.
- Desks – These come with or without drawers, simple or complex.
- Office chairs – Some people like to wheel around, others don’t. Find the perfect one to support your back and your buns. For the big boss with the corner office, nothing beats the cushy HON executive chairs.
- Tables – Get one for the conference room, break room, drawing room—the list goes on and on.
- Bookcases – Keep reports, literature, knick-knacks and magazines organized and attractive.
Anyone who has worked in an office will readily testify that the right furniture can make a world of difference to the office environment. Energy that would have been directed towards making a junk chair reasonably comfortable can now be directed towards getting those quarterly reports in on schedule. Moreover, a comfortable office is an enjoyable place to be, and quality of living is a major boost to office morale. All told, an investment in quality furniture is really an investment in office productivity. When the routine has you down, nothing lifts the spirits like a really comfortable chair.