It’s a thrill being an entrepreneur – it is a fantastic achievement to be striking out and working for yourself. You want to prove your strength and capability, but often this can mean taking on more than you are equipped to deal with. Maybe you might struggle having so much to do, get bogged down not knowing which ideas to choose, or you simply might not be able to focus on the most important things you need to grow your business.
Newsflash! You don’t have to go it alone – in fact it is better if you don’t!
Help is at hand for small businesses in the form of Mentoring, and it can be HUGELY beneficial. Mentoring is a low cost, high quality solution – YOU are the most valuable asset to your business, so strategically enhancing your talents will translate into real results.
Let’s take a look at some of the benefits:
- A proven method to share ideas, try new skills and take risks
- Transfer of knowledge and know-how
- Learning from the experience and mistakes of experts
- Coaching on achieving the objectives of your business, both short and long term.
- Enhanced capacity to translate values and strategies into productive actions
- Expanding your personal network to help open new doors for your business
- Increased self-awareness, self-discipline and areas for improvement
- Increased technical and professional expertise
Mentoring can take many forms. One on one is great for building a very in depth relationship with a mentor. Masterminds and group mentoring have the added benefits of not only making the most of the experience of your mentor, but also promoting diversity of thinking, practice and understanding by sharing ideas and expertise with your peers – the diversity of perspectives that emerges from group mentoring interaction is a powerful motivator!
So let someone else take some of the strain. Find a mentorship program or Mastermind that is right for you and take advantage of the wealth of knowledge and experience of a seasoned professional to achieve big results!
About James T Noble
James makes small businesses bigger. He’s worked with some of the world’s largest brands and companies to market their products and services online – including Disney, Microsoft, 20th Century Fox, Virgin, Coca Cola, MTV and many others. Find out more and read business growth tips at http://www.JamesTNoble.com