One foot here and the other foot there can’t help you in achieving what you actually deserve. Hire a marketing consultant and get back to focusing on YOUR areas.
As they say serving and satisfying an old and important client is not expensive as is going out to seek a new one in the market. Focus on taking care of your immediate business needs that you have taken charge of and divert your mind from the things that can be delegated to someone you can trust. One of the most important tasks that can enhance and widen your business (and should be the top item on your list) is hiring a marketing consultant. You need to take care of your acquired clients, but you can’t rely on them only. Here is an important business rule: never put all of your eggs in one basket. You can’t rely on that one client or those few to give you a large percentage of business; you need diversity!
Before you use outsourced marketing, you need to ensure the following points are considered;
- How do you want to expand your business – geographically, product-wise, age-wise, by number of sales?
- Do you need a marketing specialist, day-to-day consultant, or a general representative?
- Do you want to set a deadline to achieve a certain target ie/ increased sales revenue
- Do you want them to work remotely, or work in-house?
Fortunately, much of these answers are provided by an outsourced marketing consultant. But make sure that person/company has the qualities that you really need. A good consultant should have the following traits:
- analyzes things well, thinks creatively and markets effectively
- comes from a varied and experienced background to provide a wider scope of your business
- can extract data from past trends, understands consumer behavior and identifies the medium through which your products can be easily approached by your targeted audience
- can help determine pricing, packaging, distribution, advertising, to appeal and cater to therequired demographics of your customers
- can also help build and implement a turn-around strategy.
It is always a better choice to outsource a marketing consultant as it frees up your valuable time and cuts down on your expenses. A full-time employee requires extra expenses such as allowances, promotions, year-end bonuses and perks, but this is not the case here. You can instead allocate resources on product development and promotions, as your consultant advises how to make the strategies work. This will in turn increase revenue and thus profitability over time.
Marketing may seem small to you when there are so many obstacles in the business world, but once you actually hire a marketer, you will soon realize how much you can increase business in so many ways that you couldn’t before.